HeadlinesFebruary 1, 2010
- Turning trash into treasure
- Volkin, Srivastava named KU's second, third Eminent Scholars
- Hayes, Mihesuah, Rosenblum named Keeler Intra-University Professors
- Study shows Barnett, economics department among world's top economic bloggers
- Numerous events set to mark Black History Month at KU
- KU scientist shows potential of technology for autism research and treatment
- On-campus visit dates announced for CLAS, music dean searches
- University Lecture Series at the Commons to examine 'Writing Jazz'
- Heavyweight champ, entrepreneur George Foreman to visit campus Feb. 4
- Poppo invited to Nobel research symposium
- Mazza named interim dean for School of Law
- KU lands sweepstakes for most wins in communications contest
- KU, KU Medical Center enter new licensing agreement with Microsoft
- Ice-penetrating radar touted as 'game-changing development' in global climate change research
- 'Science on Tap' series to take experts, pressing topics to public
Modeling the microraptorA KU-led research team says it has settled the long-standing question of how bird flight began. Based on recent tests, KU researchers say that flight originated above, in the trees, and that such animals would have been gliders. Watch video of the model in flight »
HawKU hitsBring some Jayhawk spirit to your desktop! Choose from our new HawKU wallpapers or screensaver, featuring winners of our Haiku-inspired Facebook contest. And check out other free Fun Stuff for the whole family, including door hangers, mini books and e-cards. Get desktop wallpaper & screensaver »
Fight the FluEmployees can find the latest information about flu vaccine clinics at www.studenthealth.ku.edu. An H1N1 clinic will be held Feb. 4 for students, faculty, staff, retirees and affiliate employees.
See anwsers to common flu questions.