The University of Kansas An Official Employee Publication From the Office of University Relations
 

 

   

July 18, 2005
Vol. 29, No. 18

New KU logo selected
Jazz critic has new gig
Spring calendar adjusted by 1 day
Enrollment center changes name
Tuition below national average
Public health programs get grants
Researchers work on 'male pill'
Payroll deduction for fitness center

Summer Dole series announced
KU seeks links to Asia
2006 state holidays
UPSA now Unclassified Senate

New Senex members named
Classifieds officially switch, get raises

Employees of month recognized
CTE announces summer summit theme
Quiz: Hay-worth or Hah-worth?

KU flag to accompany troops
Lindley Annex comes down

Old KU: Ice cream wagon

Calendar

Credits

Current jobs

In memory

KU people

News in brief

Web works

Archives

Contact Us

KU Faculty & Staff

News

UR homepage

KU homepage

Oread Deadline Schedule

Search

 

 

 

And the walls come tumbling down

Lindley Annex, used in Coffeyville as a military cafeteria and bought in 1947 by KU for use as a “temporary” structure, was demolished June 29. The wooden building south of Lindley Hall on Naismith Drive was used by many departments over nearly 50 years, most recently by architecture students as a studio. R. Steve Dick/University Relations

   
Back to topHome   This site is maintained by University Relations, the public relations office for the University of Kansas Lawrence campus. Copyright 2001, the University of Kansas Office of University Relations. Images and information may be reused with notice of copyright, but not altered. kurelations@ku.edu, (785) 864-3256.