Roadshow rocks across Kansas
• McPherson High School, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 29
• Pratt Community College, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 30
• Liberal High School, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 31
• Colby Community College, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 1
• Beloit Junior-Senior High School, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept.
Representatives will visit 54 schools in 34 counties
KU’s “Rock Chalk Roadshow” will travel more than 2,000
miles and roll into 54 high schools and community colleges in Kansas Aug.
29 through Sept. 3.
The roadshow, now in its second year, will take six staff members from
the KU Office of Admissions and Scholarships on the road in two vans through
34 counties in central and western Kansas. During the day, KU representatives
will drop by school counselors’ offices. During the evenings and
on Sunday afternoon, KU administrators will join the admissions staff
and the Baby Jay mascot to meet with parents and students in five cities.
KU administrators joining the roadshow will include Marlesa Roney, vice
provost for student success; Lisa Pinamonti, admissions director; and
Kerry Rutledge, admissions counselor.
“KU looks to central and western Kansas for some of its most outstanding
students,” Pinamonti said. “We look forward to meeting with
some of the state’s brightest students and their parents for a chance
to share some of the opportunities that await them at KU.”